7/13/2011

Turn Drab Notepads Into Designer Desk Gear

Last week I discovered a new magazine called Fresh Style.  It's quickly become one of my favorite crafting magazines because it's filled so many projects - many of which I can't wait to try.

Fresh Style includes five sections:
  1. Handmade Projects - Reinvent ordinary items and thrift sotre finds with our quick and clever DIY projects.
  2. Inspiring Spaces - Find your creative muse in one of these fab interiors, from a budget-savvy city apartment to a laid-back beach house.
  3. Creative Ways - Bring a fresh look to areas in and around your home with resourceful ideas using everyday things.
  4. Life & Style - Take a look at the innovative worlds and inspiring spaces of our favorite artists and designers.
  5. Weekend Updates - Combine ingenuity and chic style in a whole-room revamp you can achieve in a weekend.

I wanted to share one of my favorite project ideas with you from the Summer 2011 issue.

Photo Credit: Fresh Style, Summer 2011

If you're anything like me, you have at least one basic notepad on your desk that you can quickly grab to jot down an appointment, address, or phone number.  The top of mine are covered with advertising for the office supply store I purchased them from.  How ugly is that?

Now you can ditch the drab notepads and be the center of office envy.

To give your 'Plain Jane' notepads a designer touch, simply cut a strip of decorative paper or card stock to fit the top of the notepad and glue it into place.  Finding beautiful, patterned paper is easy.  Craft stores such as Michael's typically carry more than 100 different designs by the sheet near their scrapbooking supplies.

I hope you love this project as much as I do.  I can't wait to bring you something new tomorrow.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Please join in the conversation! We'd love to hear from you!