3/29/2011

Something Old is Something New

With April just days away, I thought it was the perfect time for me to flip through my antique postcard collection in search of Easter themed cards.  I found a few, including the cutest card (postmarked 1916) with artwork that features two little chicks and Easter basket filled with eggs and flowers.  The design is embossed, giving it a little depth and texture, making this paperweight even more special.

If you've followed my projects over the years, you know how much I absolutely love creating paperweights with antique postcards.  They're so easy and affordable!  Most antique shops will carry hundreds of designs ranging from $1.00 to $3.00.  If you need help choosing the right one, bring your paperweight with you so you can see exactly how the artwork will look.





0 comments:

Post a Comment

Please join in the conversation! We'd love to hear from you!